BLUNDSTONE 980 UNISEX EXTREME SERIES SAFETY BOOTS
* UNISEX BOOTS ARE IN MEN’S SIZING
* SEE CONVERSION CHART FOR WOMEN’S
Tall Boa Mining Safety Boots
Created in close collaboration with miners, our award-winning #980 boot is built to safely and comfortably handle the most demanding underground environments.
- Black waterproof safety mining boot—350mm height
- High quality leather that has been crafted using the most innovative finishing technologies. Superior waterproofing, abrasion resistance and tear strength compared to other leathers
- Fully enclosed metatarsal protection featuring the revolutionary moulded XRD® Extreme Impact Protection metatarsal guard which provides protection without compromising on flexibility and comfort
- Quick closure and simple release Boa® Fit System—adjustable for a personalised fit
- Heavy-duty abrasion resistant anti-wicking thread
- Full waterproof bootie
- Full bellows tongue
- Removable Comfort Arch footbed with XRD® Extreme Impact Protection forepart insert provides superior comfort.
- Anti-bacterial, washable and breathable footbed.
- Low density shock absorbing PU midsole with anti-bacterial agent.
- Rubber outsole designed to specifically increase slip resistance in varied environments
- excellent cut and slip resistance
- highly resistant to hydrolysis and microbial attack
- heat resistant to 300˚C
- oil, acid & organic fat resistant
- Fitted shank for maximum skeletal stability
- Electrical hazard resistant
- Broad fitting Type 1 steel toe cap tested to resist a 200 joule impact
- Non-metallic penetration-resistant insole. Compliant to: BS EN ISO 20345:2004
WATERPROOF MINING BOOT
High quality leather that has been crafted using the most innovative finishing technologies including superior waterproofing, abrasion resistance and tear strength enable the #980 to handle some of the most demanding underground environments.
RUBBER OUTSOLE—300°C HEAT RESISTANT
The outsole is heat resistant to temperatures up to at least 300°C and has a very high insulating value providing short term resistance to melting and cracks at higher than normal temperature ranges that may be encountered in an industrial environment.
Provides maximum resistance against perforation of the sole by nails and other sharp objects. Our leather boots with this feature have a composite penetration insole.
A non-intrusive metatarsal guard provides protection for the top of the foot against a common traumatic foot injury—fractures of the metatarsal bones. A moulded guard of XRD® Extreme Impact Protection material provides flexibility and absorbs up to 90% of extreme impacts, time after time.
BOA FIT SYSTEM
The extreme BOA Fit System makes it easier and faster to get your boots on. They’re also ultra adjustable which means that you can get a safer, more personalised fit.
STEEL TOE CAP
Broad fitting Type 1 steel toe cap tested to resist a 200 joule impact. Steel is the safest toe cap material available, providing the highest level of resistance to impacts, punctures, cuts, and rolling side compression.