BLUNDSTONE 981 UNISEX EXTREME SERIES SAFETY BOOTS – BLACK
Designed specifically for smelter work, the #981s have been tested and proven to stand up to the most rigorous conditions.
- Black flame-retardant leather ‘extreme application’ smelter boot—230mm height
- Ultra-tough, flame-retardant toe scuff cap protection
- Compression-resistant 8 point Ssoftherm® upper insulation against radiant heat
- Full Kevlar® stitched seams resist liquid metal splash and immersion
- Velcro secured flaps for individual fit adjustment—fast exit and entry
- Industry ‘Dip’ tested to 960˚C in molten aluminium & 1520˚C in molten steel
Comprehensive internal testing and risk analysis should be completed prior to using these products, as site and operating conditions vary between locations
- Low density shock absorbing PU midsole with anti-bacterial agent.
- Rubber outsole designed to specifically increase slip resistance in varied environments
- excellent cut and slip resistance
- highly resistant to hydrolysis and microbial attack
- heat resistant to 300˚C
- oil, acid & organic fat resistant
- Removable Comfort Arch footbed with XRD® Extreme Impact Protection forepart insert provides superior comfort.
- Anti-bacterial, washable and breathable footbed.
- SPS Max—XRD® Technology in the heel strike zone for increased impact protection.
- Ergonomically engineered toe spring for reduced wearer fatigue
- Steel shank—ensures correct step flex point, assists with skeletal stability
- Full heel breast with arch support for ladder and gantry safety
- Electrical hazard resistant
- Broad fitting Type 1 steel toe cap tested to resist a 200 joule impact
Designed for smelter work with flame retardant leather, flame resistant toe scuff cap protection and compression resistant 8 point Ssoftherm® upper insulation against radiant heat.
Comprehensive internal testing and risk analysis should be completed prior to using these products, as site and operating conditions vary between locations.
The outsole is heat resistant to temperatures up to at least 300°C and has a very high insulating value providing short term resistance to melting and cracks at higher than normal temperature ranges that may be encountered in an industrial environment.
Kevlar® stitching provides maximum strength and protection against metal splash and immersion.
Our ultimate Comfort Arch footbed is made from soft polyurethane, covered with a full length cushion of foam polyurethane, topped by a long-wearing mesh cover. This footbed has an airflow and moisture-wicking system and also includes a large pad of XRD® Extreme Impact Protection under the ball of the foot.
Where there is a risk that a person may come in contact with a live electrical circuit, electrical shock hazard footwear will provide the best possible protection against electrical shock hazard.
This boot is certified to ASTM F2413-18. Clause 5.6 for electrical shock hazard resistance.
Broad fitting Type 1 steel toe cap tested to resist a 200 joule impact. Steel is the safest toe cap material available, providing the highest level of resistance to impacts, punctures, cuts, and rolling side compression.